- New Horizon's Family Counseling Center Website
- Referral form:
Who They Are
- The New Horizons Family Counseling Center is a product of a long-standing collaboration between the Counselor Education Program at William & Mary and regional school districts in Williamsburg and the surrounding area. Students in the public school systems are referred for family counseling that is provided by masters and doctoral students who are completing clinical internships in the family counseling emphasis.
- Family counseling services are provided at sites both on the campus of William & Mary and in select public schools. Under licensed faculty supervision, students serve as administrators, supervisors, and family counselors for the Center.
What They Do
- The New Horizons Family Counseling Center provides free services to families of children attending public schools in Gloucester, Hampton, York County, Newport News, Poquoson, New Kent, and Williamsburg/James City County. Families may be referred to the Clinic by teachers, principals, counselors, school psychologists, or school social workers.
- The Center is staffed by advanced counseling graduate students at William & Mary. Licensed faculty of the School of Education provide supervision for all counselors. Both day and evening services may be available. Services are provided in Hampton, Newport News, Williamsburg, and York County. Each session lasts about 55 minutes and the duration of each family’s counseling is decided by the counselor and family together, based on the family’s needs.