Starting in October of their senior year, students and parents should begin completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Student Aid) if they plan on attending a 2 or 4-year college, vocational or technical school in the fall. Applying for financial aid is free. If you are asked to pay money, you are on the wrong website! Remember to to check the priority deadline for each college in which you are applying!
- CSS/Financial Aid Profile - Fee based financial aid form by College Board requested by several colleges in addition to the FAFSA. Fee waiver if qualify.
- FAFSA4Caster – Plan ahead! Estimate your eligibility for federal student aid.
- FAFSA – Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (grants, loans & work study funds) for college or career school. Over 150 billion each year is offered to millions of students to pay for higher education.
- Fastweb – Free online student finance tools and scholarship search.
- Fastweb Tips on FAFSA/Scholarships
- Federal Student Aid – Great resource that covers how to prepare for college, types of aid available, how to apply and more!
- Federal Student Aid Resources – View and download valuable resources on college preparation, the FAFSA, loan information and consumer protection. Includes FAFSA worksheet, myths about financial aid, and lots more!
- Financial Aid for Veterans and their Dependents
- Financial Aid for Online Colleges
- Financial Aid Presentation-Presented By Christopher Newport University
- Financial Aid Tutorial – On-line tutorial on how to complete the FAFSA offered through the Virginia Wizard.
- Graduating Debt Free - Strategies and tactics that can bring you closer to your goal of graduating without debt — or with very little debt.
- Net Price Calculator– Tool to help you estimate your “net price” to attend a particular college or univeristy. Colleges that you think are out of your price range may be affordable!
- State Council of Higher Education for VA - Paying for college, along with several other resources for students and families.
- Student Aid - The financial aid process.
- Student Tax Info